What could an online tool do to support your research?
The British Library are currently running what they call a " , whose last question is number 31:
I do not think that discussing this supplementary question here would spoil the survey, so I invite possible answers, irrespective of whether you filled in the survey or not. I shall post a screenshot of my answer here tomorrow.
UPDATE (April 14): That second screenshot is now attached, and my replies pasted in below. Let the comments come!
It should provide
* for prompt and direct two-way (or even many-to-many) communication with research funders, in public by default.
* a simple way to embed a research proposal into existing knowledge (think wiki).
* a simple way to update existing knowledge with new incoming information (think wiki again).
* all its information (including feeds) in standard data formats and under a CC-BY or CC0 license.
* all contributors and contributions with a unique ID.
* for all unique IDs being ratable (think karma and mashup).
* an interface to Citizen science.
* a decent API.
* some kind of forward linking: I shall use http://ways.org/topics/link_forward to comment on this survey.