- There are no activities to show.
User WAYS points
- WAYS Points
- Academic Level
- Institute Director
- Working Sector
- Non-Profit Organization
- Highest Degree
- Ph. D.
- Earth Sciences: Geology/Soil Science/Geo
- Reseach Topic
- Hydrogeological Studies in the Southeastern Coastal Tracts of Kutch with Special Reference to Quality of Groundwater
Bhatt K., D.C. Singhal and B.B.S. Singhal, “Economic Aspect of Different Groundwater Structures in Parts of Karnataka”, Proc. All India Seminar on Groundwater Development 1988.
Bhatt Kiran, “Dugwell for Hard Rock Areas”, Jour. of Indian Water Resources Society, Vol. 9, No. 3, 1989.
Pandey S.B., K. Bhatt, D.C. Singhal and V.K.S. Dave, “Study of Groundwater Contamination in Coastal Aquifers of Kutch (Gujarat)”, Proc. National Seminar on Hydrological Hazards – Prevention and Mitigation, 1993.
Bhatt K D., A.M. Dave, P.V. Thakore, V.K.S. Dave and M.H. Mehta, “Fluoride in Groundwater of Kutch, Bhavnagar and Mehsana Regions in Gujarat State and Some Home Remedial Measures”, Proc. National Workshop on Water Resources management of Gujarat, 1997.
Bhatt K D., M.H. Mehta, “Art of Water Management”, Seminar on Water Mission, 1997.
Bhatt K D., M.H. Mehta, “Mission – Water and Agriculture”, National Conference on the Potential of Water Harvesting : Traditions, Policies and Social Mobilization, 1998
K D. Bhatt. A.M. Dave, Y.M. Rana, M.D. Panchal “Kotar (Ravine) Land Development Project”, National Seminar on Ravine Development, 2001.
BOOK – Co-authored a book on “Water Harvesting : A Practical Guide for Artificial Recharge of Groundwater” Published by GSFC Science Foundation in 2003
- Research Tags
- Rainwater harvesting, Water quality management, Hydrogeological mapping, Water conservation
CV of Dr. K D BHATT
401, Achal I
Opposite Water Tank, Near Navrachana School
New Sama, Vadodara 390 008
Tel. : #91- 0265 – 3252603, 3092950 ; Cell : 09978123239; Email : email@example.com
· Doctorate (Ph. D - Hydrogeology) –1994 from University of Roorkee, Roorkee, India (Now Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee - IITR)
· Master of Technology (M.Tech - Hydrogeology) –1987 from University of Roorkee, Roorkee, India (Now Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee - IITR) in First Division.
· Bachelor of Science (Geology) –1984 from M S University of Baroda, Vadodara, in First Division.
· Know-how in groundwater recharging & water conservation
· Development & installation of recharge well models
· Experience in water quality assessment
· Proficiency in project report preparation & documentation
· Proficiency in writing research papers/ articles
· GSFC Science Foundation, Vadodara (September, 1995 to till date)
Designation – Member Secretary
Currently leading the organization as a CEO, which is a multidisciplinary research & technological organization with strengths in the areas of Water Management, Environment Technology and Agri-biotechnology. Equipped with advanced laboratory set up and institutional support from a corporate giant – Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited, Science Foundation has provided the required impetus for technological innovations.
- Organizational management
- Finance management
- Vision development for growth of organization
- Research initiatives
- Business tie ups and liaison
- Project collaborations & sponsorships and project execution
Major projects done:
- Projects in India –
* Rain Water Harvesting in Urban Areas
- * Led a delegation to Agritech’99, an international fair at Haifa, Israel
* Demonstration & Monitoring of Percolation Wells and Waste Water Reuse
* Recharge Bore Well Research
* Demonstration of Artificial Recharge in Ravine Land
* Watershed Management in Agricultural University
* Water Conservation through Roof Top Water Harvesting
* Storm Water Management
* Solid Waste Management
* Groundwater Quality Management
* Impact Assessment of Fertilizer and Pesticide Use on Groundwater Quality
- Projects in collaboration with USA –
* Integrated Coastal Waste Land Development through Plantation of Saline Water Plants &
Aquaculture Development with Seaphire International
- Projects in collaboration with Israel -
* Water Resources Planning & Management at State Level
· Paramount Pollution Control Limited, Vadodara (January, 1995 to September, 1995)
Designation – Scientific Officer
Job responsibility :
Paramount Pollution Control Limited is a company dedicated to the cause of cleaning of environment with expertise in the areas of air monitoring, wastewater and water management. Company also boasts of its strength in executing projects from concept level to commissioning.
- Carried out Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) study.
- Prepared a pre-feasibility report on EIA for a power plant for submission to Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India
Major projects done:
- Environment Impact Assessment study for Reliance Group of Industries
- Environment Impact Assessment study for Maradia Chemicals Company
· Consulting Engineering Services Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi (July, 1990 to September, 1991)
Designation – Geologist
CES is a multinational company carrying out projects in the field of Geo-technical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Water Resource Planning and Development, etc. at National and International level.
- Worked on a project on Pre-feasibility Level Drainage Study of Sardar Sarovar Command Area of Sardar Sarovar Project.
- Carried out geological survey, well inventorying, analysis & interpretation of data. Compilation of results & submission of report.
· University of Roorkee, Roorkee (May, 1988 to May, 1990)
Designation – Research Fellow
- To Work on an Oil Industry Development Board (OIDB) sponsored project on Sedimentation Model for Mega Alluvial Cones of Indo-Gangetic Plains.
· University of Roorkee, Roorkee (March, 1988 to April, 1988)
Designation – Research Fellow
- To work on a research project on Hydrological Aspects of Waste Disposal of Upper Hindon
FOREIGN TRIPS AND ASSIGNMENTS
Extensively traveled abroad in connection with Project interface meetings and visits to countries like United Kingdom, United States of America, Israel, East Africa, Egypt, Dubai, Palestine
· Operating System - Proficient in WINDOWS XP and MS Office tools.
· Designed & compiled the company brochure for GSFC Science Foundation
· Designed & developed Science Foundation website
General and Contact Information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Origin
- Country of Residence
- Your Website
- "English, Hindi, Gujarati"
- Member for
- 3 years 47 weeks
- View recent blog entries