- There are no activities to show.
User WAYS points
- WAYS Points
- Academic Level
- Working Sector
- Secondary School / College / University
- Research Program Director
- Highest Degree
- Ph. D.
- Life Sciences: Biochemistry
- Reseach Topic
- Nutrition, Type 2 diabetes, Obesity, Fasting, Essential oils
- Ziani K. Khaled MB. Partial substitution of barley for corn: effect on Hamra lamb growth performance, carcass and meat characteristics. Trop Anim Health Prod. DOI 10.1007/s11250-015-0983-4. (Ehead of press) published on December 2015.
- Diaf M, Khaled MB, Sellam F. Impact of corpulence parameters and haemoglobin A1c on metabolic control in type 2 diabetic patients: comparison of apolipoprotein B/A-I ratio with fasting and postprandial conventional lipid ratios. Libyan Journal of Medicine. Mai 2015; 10: 27400. DOI:10.3402/ljm.v10.2740.
- Tiboura G. Khaled MB. Diaf M. Semeria S. Bouanani G. Effect of Ramadan fasting on serum glucose and lipid profile among Algerian type 2 diabetes patients. Rom J Diabetes Nutr Metab Dis. 2015; 22(4):385-392. doi: 10.1515/rjdnmd-2015-0045.
- Diaf M, Khaled MB, Sellam F. Correlation between dietary fat intake and atherogenic indices in normal, overweight and obese adults with or without type 2 diabetes. Rom J Diabetes Nutr Metab Dis. 2015; 22(4):347-360. doi: 10.1515/rjdnmd-2015-0041.
- Sellam F. Harir N, Khaled M.B, et al. Delayed diagnosis of pancreatic cancer reported as more common in a population of North African young adults. J Gastrointest Oncol 2015;6(5):505-510.
- Sellam F. Harir N, Khaled M.B, Mrabent M.N et al. Immunohistochemical examination of cholecystokinin and gastrin receptors (CCK-2/gastrin-R) expression in normal and exocrine cancerous human pancreatic tissues. Pancreatology. (2015) ; 15 : 661-666. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pan.2015.09.019
- Sellam F. Harir N, Khaled M.B, Mrabent M.N, Salah R, Diaf M, Moulesshoul S. Aspects épidémiologiques et histopronostiques du cancer pancréatique au niveau de l’Ouest Algérien à propos de 160 cas. Journal Africain d’Hépato-Gastroentérologie 2015; 9(2) : 76-79. DOI:10.1007/s12157-015-0592-x.
- Sellam F. Harir N, Khaled M.B, Mrabent M.N, Salah R, Diaf M. Epidemiology and Risk Factors for Exocrine Pancreatic Cancer in a Northern African Population. Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer. 2015; (46): 126-130. DOI:10.1007/s12029-015-9693-4.
- Sellam F. Harir N, Khaled M.B, Mrabent M.N et al. Pancreatic Cancer in a Northern African Population: A Retrospective Analysis Spanning Two Decades. Journal of the Pancreas. 2015 Sep 08; 16(5):444-448.
- Bouterfas K, Mehdadi Z, Benmansour D, Khaled MB, Bouterfas M, Latreche A. Optimization of Extraction Conditions of Some Phenolic Compounds from White Horehound (Marrubium vulgare L.) Leaves. International Journal of Organic Chemistry (IJOC) 2014; 4: 292-308.
- Haddad M, Labdi M, Belabid L, and Khaled MB. Tolerant Chickpea Lines for Yellowing Pathotype of Fusariumoxysporumf.sp.ciceri. Journal of Renewable Agriculture (JRA) 2014; 2(2):23-26.
- Khaled MB, Boulenouar MY. English Teaching Survey among Biology Students: Faculty of Science, Department of Biology, Djillali Liabes University. Proceeding of the 2nd Global Summit on Education GSE 2014. (E-ISBN 978 965 11768 5 6) 4-5 March 2014 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 286-291.
- Ghomari S, Lotmani B, Labdi M, Haddad M, Khaled MB. Effect of 2.4-D Phytohormone on Neoformation of Somaclonal Variants in Solanum tuberosum L. Advances in Environmental Biology (AEB). (2013); 7(14): 4697-4702.
- Menadi N. Khaled MB. Merrakchi B. Belbraouet S. Nutritional status of elderly people living at home in Sidi-Bel-Abbes (West Algeria). Food and Nutrition Science. (2013); 4: 860-65. doi:10.4236/fns.2013.48112
- Khaled MB. Menadi N, Boumediene A, Ktob A, Halfaoyui S, Boukhatmi F. Role of Nutritional Education in the Management of Type 2 Diabetic Patients during Ramadan.[in French] Diabetes & Metabolism (2013); 39 (Suppl 1): p 2004.
- Khaled MB. Menadi N Postprandial Metabolism in Obese Women with Type 2 Diabetes during Ramadan Fasting CMR e Journal (2012); 5(1): 75.
- Khaled MB. Menadi N, Ktob A, Boumediene A. Effect of Ramadan Fasting Diet on Postprandial Metabolism among Patients with Type 2 Diabetes in Sidi-Bel-Abbes (West Algeria) Minerva Endocrinologica (2012) ; 37 (4) (Suppl 1): 3-4.
- Amrane N. Khaled MB. Effect of Overweight and Obesity on Postprandial Lipemia among the Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes. J Diabetes Metab. (2012); 3:178-182 doi:10.4172/2155-6156.1000178.
- Khaled MB. Amrane N. Influence of overweight and obesity on postprandial among 51 patients with type 2 diabetes [in French]. Cahiers de Nutrition et de Diététique, (2011) ; 46 (Supp.1) : S84.
- Khaled MB. Amrane N. Influence of overweight and obesity on postprandial among 51 patients with type 2 diabetes [in French]. Nutrition Clinique et Métabolisme, (2011) ; 25, (Supp.2) : S84.
- Benabbou A. Bendahmane M. Khaled MB. The effect of the active tobacco smoking on male fertility in Algeria: a study of some semen parameters in the western region. J Assist Reprod Gen (2011)28:989.doi:10.1007/s10815-011-9663-0.
- Diaf M. Khaled MB. Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity in 8 to 15 Year-Old Children in Sidi-bel-Abbes, Algeria. The South Asia Journal of Family Med. (2011); 2(10): 10-15.
- Diaf M. Khaled MB. Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity in 8 to 15 Year-Old Children in Sidi-bel-Abbes, Algeria. Middle East Journal of Family Medicine. (2011); 9: 10-15.
- Khaled MB. Diaf M. Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity in 8 to 15 Year-Old Children in Sidi-bel-Abbes, Algeria. Pediatric Research. (2011); 70(5): 383. doi:10.1203/01.pdr.0000403893.61640.b6
- Khaled MB, Amrane N. Effect of diet on postprandial lipemia values on 51 subjects with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes & Metabolism. (2011); 37(1) (Supp.1): A77.
- Khaled MB. Amrane N. Role of diet in modulation of postprandial lipemia Among 51 Subjects with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. (2011), 13(2): 238. doi:10.1089/dia.2010.1219
- Khaled MB. Ktob A. Boumediene L.E.A. Hypo and Hyperglycaemia episodes during Ramadan in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. (2011), 13(2): 239. doi:10.1089/dia.2010.1219
- Boumediene LEA, Hadj Sayeh Z., Benassela L., Ktob A., Khaled MB. Distribution of the different metabolic syndrome compounds among 72 patients with diabetes type 2. Journal of Diabetes. (2011); 3 (Supp.1): 115.
- Khaled MB. Diaf M. Prevalence of overweight and obesity in 8 to 15 year-old children in Sidi-bel-Abbes, Algeria. Journal of Diabetes. (2011); 3 (Supp.1): 222.
- Zineddine E, Bendahmane M. Khaled MB. Reproductive performance of dairy cows undergoing artificial insemination at the technical institute of breeding Lamtar in Western Algeria. Livestock Research for Rural Development. Volume 22, Article #201. Retrieved November 25, (2010), from URL address: http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd22/11/bend22201.htm
- Khaled MB and Belbraouet S. Effect of Ramadan fasting on anthropometric parameters and on food consumption in 276 type 2 diabetic obese women. Int J Diab Dev Ctries. (2009); 29(2).62-68.
- Khaled MB and Belbraouet S. Ramadan Fasting Diet Entailed a Lipid Metabolic Disorder Among Type 2 Diabetic Obese Women. American Journal of Applied Sciences. (2009); 6(3): 471-477.
- Khaled MB. Nutritional Status of 600 Adolescents Living in the Northwestern Region of Algeria (Sidi-Bel-Abbes). Archives of Disease in Childhood (BMJ) (2008); 93 (Suppl. 2): pw79.
- Khaled MB, Bendahmane M, Belbraouet S. Ramadan fasting induces modifications of certain serum components in obese women with type 2 diabetes. Saudi Medical Journal. (2006); 27 (1): 23-26.
- Zahzeh T, Bouchikhi B, Khaled Méghit B, Belbraouet S, Nutritional status of children aged between 0 and 36 months hospitalized in Sidi-bel-Abbes Hospital University (west of Algeria). Journal de Pédiatrie et de Puériculture (Elsevier). (2006); 19: 56-60.
- Khaled MB, Bendahmane M, Belbraouet S. Ramadan fasting induces modifications of certain serum components in obese women with type 2 diabetes. IMEMR Current Contents December 2006. W.H.O. Eastern Mediterranean Region, (2006); 5 (3): 31.
I am Méghit Boumédiène KHALED, Professor at Djillali Liabes University, Faculty of Natural and Life Sciences, Sidi-Bel-Abbes, Algeria. I have been teaching at this university for over 13 years; first as an assistant while doing a Ph.D. degree in Health & Environment; then as an assistant professor between 2001-2008. Later, in 2009 as Associate Professor, and in January 2015 I was named full Professor with distinction.
I have taught Nutrition, Biochemistry, Enzymology, Enzymes in Biotechnology, Purification of proteins, Food Biochemistry, Analysis Techniques in Biology, EAP (English for Academic Purposes), and Methodology of Research at all university levels, from freshman to graduate (doctoral) levels.
I have supervised more than twenty Masters’ degree students, and actually, twelve (12) PhD students are under my supervision.
In parallel, I have for the past five years or more, been seriously interested and involved in teaching EAP for Biology students. For this aim, I obtained a degree of "license" in English and registred in Master (MA) in "Language Didactic".
My primary research interests are: the study of the effect of fasting during the holy month of Ramadan on patients with type 2 diabetes. I've been researching in this area for over 15 years. I am interested in research methods; epidemiology and biostatistics; health of adolescents groups; and promoting the use of routine data collections for research purposes.
Furthermore, I am giving, for physicians and health care providers (HCP) throughout the country, conferences on the management of type 2 diabetes during Ramadan fasting month, the risks of obesity and overweight.
Prof. Khaled MB
General and Contact Information
- First Name
- Meghit Boumediene
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Origin
- Country of Residence
- Sidi Bel Abbes
- Your Website
- Arabic, English, French
- Member for
- 45 weeks 1 day
- View recent blog entries