- There are no activities to show.
User WAYS points
- WAYS Points
- Academic Level
- Working Sector
- Secondary School / College / University
- Highest Degree
- Ph. D.
- Life Sciences: Zoology
- Reseach Topic
- Enzymology, Microbial Biotechnology
1. U. Asghar, M. Irfan, M. Nadeem, R. Nelofer, Q. Syed. (2015). Effect of KOH pretreatment on lignocellulosic waste to be used as substrate for ethanol production. Iranian Journal of Science & Technology. (Article in Press) (IF 0.34)
2. M. Irfan, U. Asghar, M. Nadeem, R. Nelofer, Q. Syed. (2015). Optimization of process parameters for xylanase production by Bacillus sp. in submerged fermentation. Journal of Radiation Research and Applied science. DOI: 10.1016/j.jrras.2015.10.008.
3. Y. Wang, W. Liu, Y. Jiang, L. Huang, M. Irfan, S. Shi, R. Yang, L. Qin. (2015) Morphological and molecular characterization of Nosema pernyi, a microsporidian parasite in Antheraea pernyi. Parasitol Res. 114(9):3327-3336 DOI 10.1007/s00436-015-4558-0. (IF 2.098)
4. U. Ashgar, M. Nadeem, M. Irfan, Q. Syed, R. Nelofer, and M. Iram. (2015) Effect of NaOH on Delignification of Saccharum spontaneum. Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy. DOI 10.1002/ep.12211. (IF 1.403)
5. Li J, Yi Y, Cheng X, Zhang D, Irfan M (2015). Study on the effect of magnetic field treatment of newly isolated Paenibacillus sp. Botanical Studies 56:2 doi; 10.1186/s40529-015-0083-9. (IF 0.81)
6. U. Asghar, M. Irfan, M. Iram, Z. Huma, R. Nelofer, M. Nadeem, Q. Syed (2015). Effect of alkaline pretreatment on delignification of wheat straw. Natural Product Research. 29(2):125-131. (IF 1.23)
7. Z. Mushtaq, Irfan M, Nadeem M, Naz M, Syed Q. (2015) Kinetics study of extracellular detergent stable alkaline protease from R. oryzae. Brazilian Archives of Biology Technology 58(2): 175-184 (IF 0.45)
8. Chen L., H.Li , S. Sun, M. Irfan, J. Lin, M. Zhong, H. Ma, Z. Guo, T. Li (2015): Construction of a genetic linkage map in Lilium using a RIL mapping population based on SRA marker- Genetika, Vol 47, No. 2, 425- 438
9. Nadeem M, Aftab MU, Irfan M, Mushtaq M, Qadir A, Syed Q. Production of ethanol from alkali-pretreated sugarcane bagasse under the inﬂuence of different process parameters. Frontiers in Life Science, 2015 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21553769.2015.1044620. (IF 0.29)
10. U. Asghar, M. Irfan, M. Nadeem, R. Nelofer, Q. Syed. Challenges in bioethanol production from lignocellulosic waste. Energy Education Science and Technology Part C: Future Energy Resources 2015; 7(1): 7-16.
11. H. Wang, X. Zhao, C. Liu, L. Liu, S. Yu, C. Liang, M. Irfan, K. Zhao, T. Guan Effects of the biocontrol agent Aspergillus ﬂavipes on the soil microﬂora and soil enzymes in the rooting zone of pepper plants infected with Phytophthora capsici. Journal of Phytopathology 163: 513-521. (IF 0.90).
12. Sun SK, Yang N, Chen L, Irfan M, Zhao X, Li T. (2015). Characterization of LpGPAT Gene in Lilium pensylvanicum and response to cold stress. Biomed Research International. Article ID 792819. (IF 2.706)
13. Muhammad Naeem Iqbal, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Muhammad Asad Ali, Firasat Hussain, Shahzad Ali, Ali Muhammad, Muhammad Irfan, Aftab Ahmad, Muhammad Irfan and Asghar Shabbir. Assessment of microbial load of un-pasteurized fruit juices and in vitro antibacterial potential of honey against bacterial isolates. The Open Microbiology Journal, 2015, 9, 26-32.
14. Wang D, He W, Irfan M, Fan M, Lin F (2014). Structure and evolution analysis of pollen receptor like kinase in Zea mays and Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Computational Biology and Chemistry. 51:63-70. (IF 1.793)
15. T. Zhou, M. Fan, M. Irfan, H. Wang, D. Wang, L. Wang, C. Zhang and L. Feng. Phylogenetic analysis of STK gene family and Usp domain in maize. Mol Biol Rep. (2014) 41(12): 8273-8284. DOI: 10.1007/s11033-014-3728-y. (IF 1.958)
16. Meirong Hu, Xue Zhou, Yiping Shi, Jianhui Lin, Muhammad Irfan, Yong Tao. (2014) Essential Role of the N- and C-terminals of Laccase from Pleurotus florida on the Laccase Activity and Stability. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 174: 2007-2017. (IF 1.69)
17. M. Irfan, Nadeem, Syed Q. (2014) Ethanol production from agricultural wastes using Saccharomyces cervisae. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology 42 (2):457-465. (IF 0.79)
18. M. Irfan, J. Sun, Y. Liu, X. Li, S. Yang (2014). Genetic analysis of chlorophyll content in maize by mixed major and polygene models. Genetika 46(3): 1037-1046. (IF 0.45)
19. Li C, M. Irfan, Zhang C, Lin F. (2014). Genetic diversity analysis of maize verities based on SSR markers. Research Journal of Biotechnology 9(6): 48-51. (IF 0.29)
20. Zia-ullah Khokhar, Q. Syed, M. Nadeem, M. Irfan, Jing Wu, Z.Q. Samra, I. Gul and M. Amin Athar. (2014). Enhanced Production of Cellulase by Trichoderma reesei using Wheat Straw as a Carbon Source. World Applied Sciences Journal 30 (9): 1095-1104. (IF 0.23)
21. Muhammad Irfan, Muhammad Nadeem, Quratualain Syed (2014). One-factor-at-a-time (OFAT) optimization of xylanase production from Trichoderma viride-IR05 in solid-state fermentation. J Rad Res Appl Sci. 7(3):317-326.
22. Muhammad Irfan, Muhammad Nadeem, Quratualain Syed (2013). Purification and Characterization of Xylanase from Bacillus subtilis. Protein and Peptide Letter. 20(11):1225-1231. (IF 1.9)
23. Hongzhi Bai, Hui Wang, Junde Sun, Muhammad Irfan, Mei Han,Yuqian Huang, Qian Yang and Xiaori Han (2013). Purification and Characterization of novel β-Glucosidase from Penicillium simplicissimum H-11. EXCLI Journal. 12:528-540. (IF 1.9)
24. Bai, H., Wang, H., Sun, J., Irfan, M., Han, M., Huang, Y., Han, X., and Yang, Q. (2013). "Purification and characterization of beta 1,4-glucanases from Penicillium simplicissimum H-11," BioResources. 8(3), 3657-3671. (IF 1.5)
25. Yang Wang, Shuang Yang, Muhammad Irfan, Chunyu Zhang, Quan Sun, Suwen Wu, Feng Lin (2013). Genetic Analysis of Carbon Metabolism-Related Traits in maize using mixed major gene plus polygene model. Australian Journal of Crop Science. 7(8):1205-1211. (IF 1.6)
26. Muhammad Irfan, Zhang Ting Ting, Wang Yang, Zhang Chunyu, Miao Qing, Zhang Lijun and Lin Feng. Modification of CTAB protocol for maize genomic DNA extraction. Research Journal of Biotechnology 2013; 8(1):41-45. (IF 0.29)
27. Samia Siddique, Quratulain Syed, Ahmad Adnan, Muhammad Nadeem, Muhammad Irfan, Fahim Ashraf Qureshi. Production of Avermectin B1b From Streptomyces avermitilis 41445 by Batch Submerged Fermentation. Jundishapur J Microbiology, 2013. 6(8): e7198. doi; 10.5812/jjm.7198. (IF 0.738)
28. Shuang Yang, Muhammad Irfan, Xue Li, Yan Bin Liu, Xing Jia Sun. Detection of Bt gene and seed purity in maize. Hacettepe J. Biol. & Chem., 2013, 41 (4), 341–346.
29. Muhammad Irfan, Muhammad Nadeem, Quratualain Syed. Production of Cellulases and Hemicellulases from Cellulytic Fungal Cultures in Submerged Fermentation Using Agricultural Wastes. Electronic Journal of Biology, 2013, Vol. 9(3): 62-66.
30. Dan Su, Junfan Fu, Muhammad Irfan. Didymella anemones sp. nov. and its anamorph Ascochyta anemones, causing the leaf spot disease of Pulsatilla koreana in China. Journal of Phytopathology 2012, 160(11-12): 728-731. (IF 1.0)
31. M. Irfan, A. Safdar, Q. Syed and M. Nadeem. Isolation and Screening of Cellulolytic Bacteria from Soil and optimization of cellulase production and activity. Turkish Journal of Biochemistry 2012, 37(3):287-293. (IF 0.23)
32. M. Irfan, M. Nadeem and Q. Syed. Media optimization for amylase production in solid state fermentation of wheat bran by fungal strains. Journal of Cell and Molecular Biology 2012, 10 (1):55-64.
33. M. Irfan, M. Nadeem, Q. Syed. Influence of nutritional conditions for endoglucanase production by Trichoderma viride in SSF. Global journal of Biotechnology & Biochemistry 2012, 7(1):07-12.
34. M. GulSher, M. Nadeem, Q. Syed, M. Irfan and S. Baig. Protease production from UV mutated Bacillus subtilis. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research 2012, 47(1):69-76.
35. M. Irfan, M. Nadeem, Q. Syed, and S. Baig. Effect of medium composition on xylanase production by Bacillus subtilis using various agricultural wastes. American-Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci. (2012) 12(5):561-565.
36. M. Irfan and Q. Syed. Partial purification and characterization of Xylanase from Trichoderma viride produced under SSF. International Journal of Applied research in Natural Products. 2012, 5(1):7-11.
37. M. Irfan, Q. Syed, S. Abbas, M. GulSher, S. Baig, and M. Nadeem FTIR and SEM analysis of thermo-chemical fractionated of Sugarcane Bagasse. Turkish Journal of Biochemistry. 2011, 36(4):322-328. (IF 0.23)
38. M. Irfan, M. Gulsher, S. Abbas, Q. Syed, M. Nadeem and S. Baig. Effect of various pretreatment conditions on enzymatic saccharification. Songklanakarin J. Sci. Technol. (2011) 33 (4), 397-404.
39. HMN Iqbal, I Ahmed, MA Zia, M. Irfan. Purification and characterization of the kinetic parameters of cellulase produced from wheat straw by Trichoderma viride under SSF and its detergent compatibility. Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, 2011, 2, 149-156.
40. M. Irfan and Q. Syed. Effect of 2-Mercaptoethanol on enzymes secretion by Aspergillus niger in submerged fermentation. Pak. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 2011; 44(4): 160-163.
41. M. Irfan, J. Javed, Q. Syed. UV mutagensis of Aspergillus niger for enzyme production in Submerged fermentation. Pak. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 2011; 44(4): 137-140.
42. M. Irfan, M. Nadeem, Q. Syed , and S. Baig. Production of thermostable α-amylase from Bacillus sp. in solid state fermentation. J. Appl. Sci. Res. (2011) 7(5):607-617.
43. M.Irfan, Nazir, M.I., Nadeem, M., Gulsher, M., Syed Q.A, and Baig S. Optimization of process parameters for the production of single cell biomass of Candida utilis in solid state fermentation. American-Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci. (2011); 10(2): 264-270.
44. M. Irfan, U. Irfan, Z. Razzaq, Q. Syed and M. Nadeem. Utilization of agricultural wastes as a substrate for Carboxymethyl cellulase production from Aspergillus niger in submerged fermentation. IJAVMS. 2011; 5(5): 464-471
45. M.Irfan, A., Rauf, Syed Q.A, Nadeem, M., and Baig S. Exploitation of Different Agro-residues for Acid protease production by Rhizopus sp. in Koji fermentation. Int. J. Agr. Vet. Med. Sci. (2011); 5(1): 43-52.
46. M.Irfan, Nadeem, M., Syed Q.A. and Baig, S., Submerged cultivation of Aspergillus niger on pretreated sugarcane bagasse. World J Agric. Sci. (2010) 6(4):466-472.
47. M.Irfan, Abbas, S. Baig, S., Gulsher, M., Nadeem, M. and Syed Q.A. Pretreatment: A Potential technique to enhance the enzymatic hydrolysis. World J Agric. Sci. (2010) 6(4):440-445.
48. M. Irfan, M. Nadeem, Q. Syed, W. Nawaz, S. Baig and A. M. Qureshi. Relationship of Process Parameters for the Production of Alkaline Protease by Bacillus sp. Int. J. Agr. Vet. Med. Sci. 2010; 4(4): 114-120.
49. Nadeem, A., Syed, Q.A., Baig, S., Irfan, M. and Nadeem, M. Enhanced production of citric acid by Aspergillus niger M-101 using lower alcohols. Turk. J. Biochem. (2010) 35(1) 7-13. (IF 0.23)
50. Khokhar Z, Syed Q, Nadeem M, Baig S, Irfan M, Gull I, Tipu I, Aslam S, Samra ZQ, and Athar MA. Delignification of wheat straw with acid and hydro-steam under pressure. World Appl. Sci. J. (2010) 11 (12): 1524-1530.
51. Ahmad, I., Irfan, M. M. Nadeem, Zia, M.A., Ahmad, B.M., and Iqbal, HMN. Relationship of Process Parameters for the Production of Alkaline Protease by Bacillus sp. Int. J. Agr. Vet. Med. Sci. 2010; 4(4): 105-113.
52. M. Irfan, Q. Syed, M. Yousaf, M.Nadeem, S.Baig and S.A. Jafri. Studies on the Pretreatment of wheat straw for improve production of Carboxymethyl Cellulase by Trichoderma viride- FBL1 in Solid State fermentation. Acad. Arena. (2010) 2(7):18-30.
53. M.Irfan, Syed Q.A. Gulsher, M., Abbas, S. Nadeem, M. and Baig, S. Pretreatment of corncobs for the production of hydrolytic enzymes from Aspergillus niger-IR01. Int. J Agr. Vet. Med. Sci. (2010) 4(3):81-87.
54. Khokhar, Z., Syed, Q.A., Baig, S., Nadeem, M., Irfan, M and Athar, M.A. Study on Filtrate Obtained from Batch-Wise Pretreatment of Wheat Straw at Different Concentrations of H2SO4 and Autoclave Time. World Appl. Sci. J. (2010) 10 (9): 1047-1055.
55. Rauf A, Irfan M, Nadeem M, Ahmed I and Iqbal HMN. Optimization of Growth Conditions for Acidic Protease Production from Rhizopus oligosporus through Solid State Fermentation of Sunflower Meal. Int. J. Agr. Biol. Sci. 1:1 2010 .
56. Yousaf M, Irfan,M., Khokhar,Z.U., Syed,Q.A., Baig, S., and Iqbal, A. Enhanced production of Protease by mutagenized strain of Aspergillus oryzae in Solid substrate fermentation of rice bran. Sci. Int. (Lahore). (2010) 22(2):119-123.
57. Hayat, M.U., Irfan, M., Saqib, A.A.N., Nadeem, M., Syed, Q.A. and Baig, S. Degradation of cellulose by co-cultures and the mixture of culture filtrates. Sci. Int. (Lahore). (2010) 22(4):303-306.
58. Munawar, R. A., Irfan, M., Nadeem, M., Syed, Q. A. and Siddique, Z. H. Biosynthesis of single cell biomass of Candida utilis by Submerged fermentation. Pak. J. Sci. (2010) 62 (1) 1-5.
59. Gulsher M, Nadeem, M., Syed, Q.A., Irfan, M and Baig, S. Alkaline protease production from industrial waste by Bacillus subtilis ML-4. Pak.J.Sci.Ind.Res. (2010) 53(3):146-150.
60. Gulsher M, Abbas, S., Irfan, M., Nadeem, M., Syed, Q. A. and Baig, S., Biosynthesis of cellulase from bagasse with fungal strains. Pak. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. (2010): 43 (3): 146-148.
61. M.Irfan, Gulsher, M., Nadeem, M. and Syed Q.A. Evaluation of cultural conditions for thermostable α–amylase production from Bacillus sp. production. Pak. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. (2009): 42 (2): 43-48.
62. M.Irfan, Gulsher, M., Nadeem, M. Syed Q.A. and Baig, S. Submerged Production of alkaline protease by newly isolated Bacillus sp. Pak. J. food Sci.(2009) 19(1-4):12-16.
63. Q. A. Syed, Irfan, M., Nadeem, M. and Baig, S. Production of neutral proteases from Rice bran using Aspergillus oryzae in Solid State Fermentation. Pak. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. (2009): 42 (4): 147-152.
64. Nadeem, A., Jafri, S.A., Baig, S., Irfan, M., and Syed, Q. A. Optimization of Substrate concentration for Enhanced Citric acid Production using Aspergillus niger M-101. Pak.J.Sci.Ind.Res. (2009) 52(5):275-277
65. M.Irfan, Nadeem, M., Baig, S., Syed Q.A., and Qureshi, A. M. Purification and Characterization of Protease from Bacillus spp. Pak. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. (2008): 41 (3): 129-132.
- Research Tags
- • Microbial fermentation, • Enzymology (Protease, Amylase, Cellulase, Xylanase), • Single cell protein/biomass production, • Bioethanol production of Plant biomasses, • Pretreatment of Plant Biomasses, • Saccharification of Biomasses, • Quantitative trait locus (QTL) mapping in maize, • Detection of Bt gene in maize, • Seed purity and cultivar identification, • Genetic diversity analysis by SSR and RAPD markers
Dr. Muhammad Irfan is working as an Assistant Professor in Department of Zoology, University of the Punjab new campus Lahore Pakistan. He received his doctorate degree from Shenyang Agricultural University P.R. China. His research expertise focus on microbial enzymes from fermentation, lignocellulose biotechnology, single cell protein production and genomics (molecular markers in genetic diversity analysis, QTL mapping in plants). He is also a researcher at Food & Biotechnology Research Center, PCSIR laboratories complex, ferozpure road Lahore Pakistan. He is an editorial/advisory board member of various international repute journals. He has published many research articles in national and international repute journals.
General and Contact Information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Origin
- Country of Residence
- English, Urdu
- Member for
- 1 year 12 weeks
- View recent blog entries