- There are no activities to show.
User WAYS points
- WAYS Points
- Research Associate
- Working Sector
- Research Institute
- Highest Degree
- Life Sciences: Botany
- Reseach Topic
- Ecological science
1. Makhado RA, Saidi AT, Mantlana BK, Mwayafu MD (2011) Challenges of reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) on the African continent. South Africa Journal of Science 107(9/10), Art. #615, 3 pages. doi:10.4102/sajs.v107i9/10.615.
2. Makhado, R.A & Scholes, R.J ( 2011) Determinants of soil respiration in a semi-arid savanna ecosystem, Kruger National Park, South Africa. Koedoe 53(1), Art. #1041, 8 pages. doi:10.4102/koedoe.v53i1.1041.
3. Rudzani Makhado and Amani Saidi (2011) Socio-economic and environmental significance of
plantation forests in South Africa. Nature & Faune, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp 19-24.
4. Ramashilo P (2011) Patient waiting times: Obstacles and opportunities – A Limpopo case study of district hospitals. Edited by Masehela K and Makhado R , Research and Evaluation Unit, Limpopo Legislature.
5. Makhado R and Nyathela H (2011) Role of research in executing the business of government. LigisTalk, Vol. 13, No.1, pp 15.
6. Matanga M and Makhado R (2011) Strengthening the role of oversight: A case of Makuleke community. LigisTalk, Vol. 13, No.1, pp 14-15.
7. Masehela K and Makhado (2010) Rural development and land reform: Two discourses, One Script. Agrarian Transformation, Land Reform & Sustainable Agriculture Development Conference, 30 June – 03 July 2010, Emperors Palace, Kempton Park.
8. Nyathela Hlanganani and Makhado Rudzani (2010) 1 Goal – Education for All: A Global Campaign Requiring Local Action. LegisTalk, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp 7-8.
9. Masehela Kgobo and Makhado Rudzani (2010) What is Rural Development? LegisTalk, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp 9-12.
10. Makola M.C, Ramashilo P, Makhado R, Mamogale M.J, Nyathela M.H and Tsoeu M.M (2010) Improving Educational Outcomes in Limpopo Province. Research and Evaluation Section, Limpopo Legislature.
11. Rudzani Makhado and Kgabo Masehela (2010) Could sustainable consumption and production be a policy in developing countries? Natural Resource Forum 34:85-88.
12. Makhado Rudzani and Potgieter Martin (2009) Are insects valuable? Synopsis of mopane worms. Non-Wood News. No. 19, July 2009. P.6
13. Ravele A.M and Makhado R.A (2010) Exploitation of Encephalartos transvenosus outside and inside Mphaphuli Cycads Nature Reserve, Limpopo Province, South Africa. African Journal of Ecology, Volume 48, Number 1, pp. 105-110.
14. Tony Knowles, Graham von Maltitz, Rudzani Makhado and Steve McKean (2009) Carbon: A means to incentivise and enhance conservation in the uKhahlamba Drakensberg? 44nd Annual GSSA Congress: Meeting Rangeland, Pasture and Wildlife Challenges in a Changing Landscape. 20 - 24 July 2009, Florida Campus, UNISA, Gauteng, South Africa. P 52.
15. R.A. Makhado, M.J. van Deventer, L. Barwell, A.M.L. Adey, R. Knight and J. Niehaus (2009) Capacity building in ecological informatics: Lessons from the DST/CSIR learnership programme in South Africa. First Monday, Volume 14, Number 7: 6 July 2009.
16. R.A Makhado, M.J Potgieter and D.C.J Wessels (2009) Colophospermum mopane Wood Utilisation in the Northeast of the Limpopo Province, South Africa. Ethnobotanical Leaflets 13, 921-945.
17. Rudzani A Makhado, Graham P von Maltitz, Martin J Potgieter and Dirk C.J Wessels (2009) Contribution of woodland products to rural livelihoods in the northeast of Limpopo Province, South Africa. South African Geographical Journal 91, 46-53.
18. R Scholes and R Makhado (2009) Vulnerability of terrestrial carbon sinks to high temperature extremes. Earth and Environmental Science 6. Climate Change: Global Risks, Challenges and Decisions. IOP Publishing.
19. Thabo Masupa, Rudzani Makhado, Leanne Coetzee and Riann Marais (2008) Rietvlei rehabilitation project aids in water purification. Working for Water Newsletter, SANBI, Gumboot September 2008.
20. Rudzani Makhado and Kenneth Mabaso (2008) Recipes for southern Africa’s edible insects. Non-Wood News. No. 17 July 2008. p 24.
21. Rudzani Makhado and Robert Scholes (2008) Report of the CarboAfrica Field Training Workshop on Carbon Cycle Measurements. CarboAfrica Newsletter, 5, 4-6.
22. R Makhado (2008) Soil respiration measurements in the Kruger National Park, South Africa. CarboAfrica Newsletter, 5, 8-9.
23. A.M Ravele and R.A Makhado (2008) The value of cycads to human wellbeing – an overview. Encephalartos Journal 93, 26-26.
24. R.A Makhado, M.J Potgieter and D.C.J Wessels (2008) Colophospermum mopane wood utilisation in the Lowveld, Limpopo Province. South African Journal of Botany 74: 371.
25. Rudzani Makhado, Bob Scholes, Walter Kubheka and Alecia Kirton (2008) Soil respiration at Skukuza. 6th Annual Science Networking. 21th – 25th April 2008, Skukuza, Kruger National Park.
26. Rudzani Makhado (2008) Recipe for making traditional “mukumbi” marula beer. FAO Non-Wood News. No. 16 Jan 2008. pp: 58-59.
27. Rudzani Makhado and Sally Archibald (2007) Field measurements of leaf phenology in the semiarid savanna system, KNP. 5th Annual Science Networking. 16th – 20th April 2007, Skukuza, Kruger National Park.
28. R.A Makhado, M.J Potgieter and D.C.J Wessels (2006) Significance of mopane woodland resources to the rural livelihood in the Greater Giyani Municipality, Limpopo Province. Environmental Research in Limpopo, Meropa Lodge, Polokwane, 29-30 Nov 2006.
29. Thabo Masupa and Rudzani Makhado (2006) Rietvlei wetland and the role it plays in the reduction of pollutants from sewage wastewater. SANCOR Newsletter. ISSN 03700-9026, Issue #183, November 2006. pp: 13-15.
30. R. Makhado, T. Bologo and R. Knight (2006) Fluoride removal from rural spring water using wood ash. South African Journal of Science, 102 p: 204.
31. Rudzani Makhado (2006) Wood: primary source of energy in rural areas. Science in Africa. Issue No. 48, April 2006.
32. Rudzani Makhado (2006) Mopane worms: The prosperity of the future. Lowvelder. 28 April 2006.
33. Rudzani Makhado, Martin Potgieter and Dirk Wessels (2006) Mopane woodland utilisation by villagers in the Greater Giyani Municipality, Limpopo Province. SAEON Summit Paper Abstract. Harnessing Environmental Observations for Science and Society, Leriba Lodge, Centurion, 26-28 March 2006.
34. Rudzani Makhado (2005) Mopane trees: The management of a national treasure. Zoutnet Mirror Newspaper. 04-November 2005.
- Prizes / Awards
University of Venda Vice Chancellor Merit Award
- Research Tags
- soil respiration, woodland resource utilisation and management, non-wood products use
I am Rudzani Makhado. I hold Diploma in Disaster Management, Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science, Honour Degree in Environmental Science, Honours Degree in Biodiversity Conservation, and Masters Degree in Science.
I have worked at the CSIR as a Researcher, Department of Minerals and Energy as Principal Energy Officer, Department of Water Affairs and Forestry as Assistant Director: Research coordination. I am currently working as Unit Manager.
General and Contact Information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Origin
- South Africa
- Country of Residence
- South Africa
- English, Venda, Tsonga
- Member for
- 7 years 27 weeks
- View recent blog entries