- There are no activities to show.
User WAYS points
- WAYS Points
- Academic Level
- Research Associate
- Working Sector
- Secondary School / College / University
- Highest Degree
- Life Sciences: Molecular Biology
- Reseach Topic
- Cell Signalling; Exercise Biochemistry, Exercise Biology
1. Papadimas G.K., Terzis G., Methenitis S., Spengos K., Papadopoulos K., Vassilopoulou S., Kavouras S., Michelakakis H & Manta P. (In Press) Body composition analysis in late-onset Pompe disease. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. (R; IF: 2,897; C: )
2. Papadimas G.K., Terzis G., Spengos K., Methenitis S., Papadopoulos C., Vassilopoulou S. & Manta P. (In Press) Bone mineral density in adult patients with Pompe disease. Bone. (L; IF: 4,089; C: )
3. Methenitis S., Spengos K., Fatouros I., Jamurtas A., Georgiadis G., Blomstrand E., Manta P. & Terzis G. (2010). The effect of sex and muscle fibers atrophy factor on eEF2 phosphorylation immediately after resistance exercise in older individuals. Special edition of magazine «EXERCISE & SOCIETY», 18th International Congress of Physical Education and Sport. Komotini, Greece, 21-23 May 2010.
4. Korakidi G., Hatziri K., Methenitis S., Kyrlesis S., Gikas G., Aggelakis E., Zervou N. & Papakonstantinou D. (2010). The effect of protein intake in old men with low free-fat mass. Special edition of magazine «EXERCISE & SOCIETY», 18th International Congress of Physical Education and Sport. Komotini, Greece, 21-23 May 2010.
5. N. Aggeloussis, S. Methenitis, V. Gourgoulis, T. Pilianidis, E. Giannakou (2007). Repeatability of Ground Reaction Force Waveforms in Sprint Starts, Inquiries in Sport & Physical Education, Volume 5 (2), 315 – 32.(R)
- Research Tags
- Resistance Exercise, Biochemistry of Exercise, Muscle Cell Biology, Muscle Cell Signalling, Muscle Hypertrophy-Atrophy, Oxidative Stress
I was born on 07.09.1983, in Marousi, Attikis. My father is Mr. Methenitis Konstantinos (Agriculturalist - Oenologist) and my mother is Ms Ioanna Giannopoulou (general secretary in an International Company), and I’ve got one younger brother, named Nikolaos Methenitis. Until now I am living in P. Faliro of Athens, Greece.
For my elementary education, I was schooled in a private school of Athens. After the six year of elementary education, I was continued to the experimental intermediate school and, after 3 years, to the experimental high school named «Evangeliki College» of N. Smyrnis, of which I was graduated in 2001.
After successfully National examinations, in the same year, I achieved my admission to the Department of Physical Education and Sports Science (D.P.E.S.S) of Democritus University of Thrace, Greece. From the D.P.E.S.S. I have graduated in 2006, in which after successfully examinations I was certificated for (1) Track And Field Coach, (2) Muscular Strength and Power Training Programs and (3) Exercise Rehabilitation Specialist. On September of 2007, I achieved my admission in Postgraduate program of the collaborating Departments of Physical Education and Sports Science of Democritus University of Thrace, Greece, and University of Thessaly named «Exercise and Quality of Life», in the direction «Prevention – Intervention - Rehabilitation», of which I have graduated in 2010. In same year I achieved my admission in the Postgraduate Program entitled «Physical Education and Sport» of the Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Science of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece, for my PhD diploma (PhD Candidate).
My research activity began early, in first years of my academic education. At my undergraduate education, I was focused mainly on Ergophysiology, Biomechanics, Coaching, Exercise Rehabilitation and Exercise Biochemistry. At my postgraduate education, my research activity continues on Exercise Rehabilitation and Exercise Biochemistry. Until now I collaborate with (1) Neuromuscular and Myopathological Laboratory of Department of Neurology, University of Athens, School of Medicine, Eginition Hospital, Athens, Greece (since 2007), (2) Coaching and Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory of the Departments of Physical Education and Sports Science (D.P.E.S.S) of Democritus University of Thrace, Greece (since 2007), (3) Laboratory of Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics of the Harokopion University of Athens, Greece (since 2008), (4) Astrand Laboratory Swedish School of Sport and Health Science, Carolinska University of Stockholm, Sweden (since 2009), and (5) Laboratory of Track and Field of the Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Science of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece (since 2010).
Until now, in my research work included 35 presentations in National and International congresses and 7 published papers in National and International peer-reviewed scientific journals, while I have accepted, either as a scientific responsible or as a member of scientific team, grants of total 1500 € (until 28.9.2010).
In my author's work, it included the writing of 1 book. My book, with title: «Exercise guide for morning training», it is the official guide for morning exercise for the students of Hellenic Army Academy, since 2010. The writing of this book was done when I was under the fulfilling of my military obligations, and it was assigned to the authors’ team by the Commander of the Hellenic Army Academy, for the modernization of the older guide.
In my teaching experience were included university lessons of undergraduate programs in native Universities. Until now, the lessons that I had teach focused mainly on Track and Field division. Also, when I was under the fulfilling of my military obligations, I was trainer, instructor and teacher of physical education of the students of the Hellenic Army Academy.
I am member of the Hellenic Academy of Physical Education (HAPE), since 2006, Panhellenic Association of Physical Education Graduates (PEPFA), since 2007 and European College of Sport Science (ECSS), since 2010.
My relative professional’s interests and experiences are focused on prevention and rehabilitation of choric diseases, through systematic and organized - personal exercise programs, especially on cardiovascular and diabetic rehabilitation. From my education, research (research programs that I am involved, as well as with my collaboration with laboratories) and my professional experience, I specialize in the evaluation of physical fitness and health of patients and athletes, as well as in the design and materialization of rehabilitations exercise programs for people with chronic diseases, mainly of metabolic problems.
Since my 14th year, I participated in Track and Field Athletics competitions and championships, with a lot of achievements and winnings in National and University Track and Field Athletics Championships. I was an athlete of Panionios G.S.S., until 2001. After my admission to the Department of Physical Education and Sports Science (D.P.E.S.S) of Democritus University of Thrace, I had continued in athletic association, named «Olimpiada Komotinis», until 2006, and then back to Panionios G.S.S., until 2007, year that I finished my athletic career. Until the end of my athletic career, I was trained mainly for (1) 400m, (2) 400m hurdles and (3) 4 X 400m, in which I had achieved many records and winnings in National Championships.
General and Contact Information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Origin
- Country of Residence
- P. Faliro, Athens
- Your Website
- Member for
- 3 years 9 weeks
- View recent blog entries