- There are no activities to show.
User WAYS points
- WAYS Points
- Academic Level
- Research Associate
- Working Sector
- Secondary School / College / University
- Highest Degree
- Ph. D.
- Life Sciences: Biochemistry
- Reseach Topic
- GEROPROTECTIVE ROLE OF ASPARAGUS RACEMOSUS WILLD TUBEROUS ROOT IN RATS
• Nandhini R, Jeyadoss T and Velavan S (2014) In vitro hepatoprotective activity of Aplotaxis
auriculata in hepatocytes. International Journal of Pharm and Bioscience. 5 (3) : (b) 840 – 846.
• Tamil Selvan C, S. Velavan, M. C. John Milton. (2014) Antioxidant and Anticancer Activity of Asparagus racemosus on MCF-7 Cell line. International Journal for Pharmaceutical Research Scholars. 3(I3). 315-320.
• Aarthi C, U. Balasubramanian , G. Devendran , S. Velavan. (2014) Antidiabetic evaluation of bile content of Channa punctatus. International Journal of Research in Zoology; 4(2): 46-50
• Tamil Selvan C, S. Velavan, M. C. John Milton. (2014) Antioxidant activity of Rosa centifolia flowers. International Journal of Research in Plant Science; 4(3): 68-71.
• Suganya P, R. Nandhini, T. Jeyadoss, S. Velavan (2014) In Vitro Antioxidant Activity of Methanolic Extract of Shorea robusta in Hepatocytes . Internation Journal of Pharmcy and Pharmaceutical Science, 6(6), 227-230.
• Dominic Amal Raj A, Malarvili T, Velavan S (2014) Evaluation of Hypolipidemic Activity of Betula Alnoides Bark On Triton WR-1339 Induced Hyperlipidemia in Albino Rats. International Journal of Pharmacology & Toxicology. 4(2), , 67-71.
• Pallavi Mishra and Velavan S. (2013) Studies on the Microbial flora in some traditional fermented Dairy products. International Journal of Advances in Interdisciplinary Research, , 1(1):8-10.
• Pallavi Mishra and S.Velavan (2013) Prediction of Peptide Vaccine Candidate for Dairy Products Borne Human Botulism. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 21(2), p158-162.
• Dominic Amal Raj A, Malarvili T, Velavan S (2013) Anti-Obesity Effect of Betula Alnoides Bark Extract (Babe) on Plasma Lipids in Male Wistar Rats Fed A Fructose-Rich Diet. International Journal of Pharmaceutical research scholar. 2 (1-4) p213-221.
• Krishnaveni K, Palanivelu K and Velavan S (2013) Spiritualizing effect of probiotic and spirulina on growth and biochemical performance in common carp (Catla catla) International Journal of Research in Zoology. 3(3): 27-31.
• Rajendhiran Viji, Palanisamy Alaguraja, Panagal Mani. Velavan S (2013) Biological control of Calotropis gigantea leaf extracts against pathogenic fungus, infecting Oryza sativa. International Journal of Research in Pure and Applied Microbiology. 3(4): 107-112.
• Dominic Amal Raj A, Malarvili T, Velavan S (2013) Reactive oxygen and nitrogen species scavenging activity of Betula alnoides bark extract (BABE) -- An in vitro study. International Journal of Research in Biochemistry and Biophysics. 3(4): 29-34
- Prizes / Awards
Rajiv Gandhi Gold Medal Award
- Research Tags
- Biochemistry, Free radicals, ageing and Diseases. Cancer Biology, Nanoparticals, Toxicology, Phytotherapeutic and Neurodegenerative Diseases.
Dr. S. Velavan, working as Associate Professor of Biochemistry at Marudupandiyar College, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, South India. He has done several pioneer works in the field of education and research. He has 20 years of teaching experience in graduate and post-graduate level and worked as Principal for three years. He has 15 years of research experience in the field of Free radical and Research. He was published more than 50 international and national research papers and presented 30 papers at national and international conferences. His cumulative impact point is 73.46 and citation Index is 346. He guided seventy M.Phil candidates and now is guiding eight Ph.D., candidates. He has published two books with ISBN entitle as 1. Analytical Biochemistry and Molecular Techniques. 2. Biological Molecules. He was a member in board studies at Bharathidasan and Annamalai University, Serfoji college, ADM college, Government Mens college, Kumbakonam. He has conducted two state level seminars. He recognized as a Research Advisor (RA) for Ph.D. (Biochemistry) from VELS University, BHARATHIDASAN University, BHARATHIYAR University, MANONMANIAM SUNDARANAR University and PERIYAR University. He is a life member of Indian Gerontological Association and Royal society of Research and Development.
General and Contact Information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Origin
- Country of Residence
- Your Website
- English and Tamil
- Member for
- 1 year 25 weeks
- View recent blog entries